Harold Harvey (1874–1941)
He was born to Mary Bellringer Harvey and Francis McFarland Harvey on 20 May 1874 in Penzance. His father was a bank clerk. During his youth he was home schooled.
From 1894 to 1896, he studied art at the Academie Julian in Paris under Norman Garstin. In 1896 he studied at both the Académie Delecluse and the Academie Colarossi.
Prior to 1911 Harvey lived in Penzance. In 1911 Harvey married fellow artist Gertrude Bodinnar. They first met when Gertrude posed for Harvey. She discovered that she had artistic talent and became an artist in her own right in a wide range of visual and textile arts. The married couple lived in Newlyan at Maen Cottage.
From 1909 to 1913 he was an Associate of the Royal Cambrian Academy, Conwy and in 1910 he was a member of the South Wales Art Society. From about 1910 and into the early 1930s he was a member of the Newlyn Society of Artists, particularly with artists from the Lamorna valley.